© 2020 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.
Health libraryBack to health library
Chicken and pear salad with mint dressing
Makes 4 servings.
4 large lettuce leaves
3 firm, ripe pears, cut into approximately 1-inch cubes
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cucumber, peeled, sliced thin and coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 to 2 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup minced fresh mint
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Drizzle cubed pears with lemon juice.
- In large mixing bowl, combine pears, chicken, cucumber and onion. Set aside.
- Blend vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mint, and salt and pepper in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over fruit and chicken mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, retoss gently, sprinkle with cinnamon and arrange on plates with beds of lettuce.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe. Amount per serving: 231 calories, 3g total fat (less than 1g saturated fat), 31g carbohydrates, 23g protein, 5g dietary fiber, 131mg sodium.