© 2020 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.
Health libraryBack to health library
Brussels sprout slaw with cranberries and walnuts
Makes 8 servings.
3/4 pound Brussels sprouts
1 Fuji or Gala apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice*
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
*If Meyer lemons are not available, use 1/4 cup regular fresh lemon juice or juice from 2 large lemons.
- Trim bottom from sprouts, and remove any loose or bruised leaves.
- Place shredding disc or fine slicing disc in food processor, and using feeder tube, gradually shred Brussels sprouts; there will be about 4 1/2 cups. Transfer shredded sprouts to mixing bowl.
- Add apple, cranberries, walnuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice, and stir with a fork to combine. Add oil and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate slaw for 1 to 3 hours or overnight for flavors to marinate.
- Re-stir before serving. This slaw is best served within 24 hours.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe. Amount per serving: 120 calories, 7g fat (0.5g saturated fat), 15g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 3g fiber, 135mg sodium.