© 2020 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.
Health libraryBack to health library
Herbed spinach quiche portabella caps
Makes 4 servings.
4 portabella mushrooms, 3-inch diameter
3 large eggs
Egg whites from 6 eggs
1/2 cup whole-wheat grated bread crumbs (panko)
1/4 cup nonfat milk
1 teaspoon low-sodium dried garlic and herb blend
1 cup cooked and drained, chopped, frozen spinach
1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, divided (set aside 1 tablespoon for topping)
- Place oven rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove portabella stems. Wipe caps clean with damp paper towel.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients, except 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Coat 10-inch nonstick pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium flame.
- Cook and scramble egg mixture until it just starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a large spoon, scoop partially cooked hot egg mixture into portabella caps.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe. Amount per serving: 190 calories, 6g total fat (2g saturated fat), 14g carbohydrates, 17g protein, 4g dietary fiber, 145mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium.