© 2019 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.
Pacific halibut with olives and tomatoes
Makes 4 servings.
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 large onions, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
20 large black olives, pitted
1 can (14 ounces) plum tomatoes, chopped
4 halibut fillets, 4 ounces each (any dense white fish will do)
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sauté garlic, onion and pepper until softened.
- Add olives and tomatoes, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Gently wash fish and pat dry.
- Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Cook fish for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. When turning fish, take care to keep each fillet in one piece.
- Place fish in baking dish and cover with the sauce.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Bake for about 10 to 20 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve over a bed of brown or wild rice.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe. Amount per serving: 270 calories, 12g total fat (trace saturated fat), 14g carbohydrates, 26g protein, 3g dietary fiber, 470mg sodium.