© 2020 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.
Health libraryBack to health library
Having trouble remembering your heart meds?
Heart medicines—like cholesterol-lowering statins and blood pressure drugs—work best when you remember to take them like clockwork. If you're having trouble keeping track, try one or more of these tips.
6 ways to remember your heart medicines
- Take them at the same time each day.
- Make them part of a daily routine, like brushing your teeth.
- Use a pill organizer with sections for days of the week and times of day.
- Use a medicine calendar and check off each dose.
- Use a pill bottle cap with a built-in timer.
- Set an alarm on your smartphone or watch.
If you've already had a heart attack, read about steps you can take to prevent a second one.