© 2019 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.
Quinoa and black bean salad
Makes 6 servings.
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander (dried cilantro seeds)
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 medium scallions, minced
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 fresh green chiles (or to taste), minced
Black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water.
- In a saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to boil. Add the quinoa. Return to boil; then simmer until the water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro and scallions in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans and chopped vegetables. Set aside.
- Once quinoa has cooled, combine all ingredients, including black pepper (if using), and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving size: 1 cup. Amount per serving: 208 calories, 5g total fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 34g carbohydrates, 9g protein, 7g dietary fiber, 284mg sodium.